Wednesday, October 13, 2010


10/9/10…London, England The Threshold Center

After the Mulheim show we drove immediately to Hesdin, France where our driver Nicolas is from. He woke up like 3 hours after we got there to go get a new tire for the van. Soon there after we ate baguettes and his famous homemade marmalade and headed for Calais. We got on the ferry to Dover. The drive was pretty quick to London. Upon arrival we went to Nick’s sister Emily’s place and relaxed, ate some food, etc.

The show was at this community center place where it would be the first HC show they have done. It was some sort of benefit. I’m unclear as to what the benefit was for. My homie Anna Vo and her boy showed up. Olga who I met last time in London was there holding it down. The first 2 bands were kind of weird. Both from Belgium, one had members of Justice. I can’t really describe their music. They did play for quite a long time though. The bnd after they was Abolition , this 90’s esq vegan sXe metalcore band. We played after and the place exploded. It was crazy. Our equipment was falling apart all over the place. Really one of the worst drumsets I’ve played on. Not that I really give a shit, the drumset I have at home sucks, but we are paying to rent this crap. It didn’t stop us from crushing London though. Seriously a great show. Birony/Big Takeover crew held it down.

I left my shoes and the extortion shirt I just bought the night before at the show and someone snagged it. I got the shoes back the next day though.

Cops came right at the end of the show because some punks were pissing in a neighbors yard. Last and first HC show at this spot. Bummer.

10/10/2010…Birmingham,England @ Wagon and Horses (show 1)

Woke up and stopped at some jewish bakery on the way out of the city. I got really strong coffee and one of the best falafel sandwhiches I have ever had. The pita was fresh, I t was the first falafel of the day, the f-balls were dark on the inside, nice and crispy on the outside, fully cooked, fresh hummus with a good amount of tahini, good veggies, just awesome.

This show was the first of 2 shows we had today. The venue was above a small pub. They had a pretty nice back patio area to hang out on also. When we showed up it didn’t seem like there was too many people there but they were all hiding on the patio. The promoter made us some chana masala and dahl. The bands who opened were pretty damn good. …CONT

NEW PICTURES



1 comment:

  1. The girls are called Ola and Bryony. The bands are called Joshua's Song and Hooghwater. Hooghwater is from Holland, not Belgium. Knowing more about psychedelic stuff could probably help in describing them.

    ReplyDelete